Friday 3 August 2012

Hickory's smokehouse (Chester) Review

Yesterday, it was my brother's birthday, so obviously we went out for a meal (looks like it's not just me in my family that wishes they could go out for food every day, we'll use any excuse). It being his birthday, chose the restaurant and landed on Hickory's Smokehouse. This place aaaalways reminds me of Man V Food with Adam Richman because of all the authentic american 'que!


Bearing in mind i'm pescetarian, this wasn't the best place to go for a meal for me, there was very little choice as not surprisingly, most things were smoked meat. I had 3 choices, vegetable fajitas (i hate all mexican food), a whole sea bass on the bone, or a salad. Not the best choice... I ended up going for the sea bass because my boyfriend promised he'd help me remove the bones (i should probably know how studying marine biology and everything...), however, last time a situation like this arose (holiday last year, paella with crab claws) it ended disasterously, there was crab shell everywhere.


Everyone else got meat dishes my boyfriend ordered the pulled pork, which Adam Richman always seems to make look so nice, even to me! It comes with baked beans and chips on the side. He said it was way too rich for him, but the portion size wasn't that big so i'd have thought it'd even out. My seabass was nice, it was cooked with lemon and rosemary, it was a bit plain, maybe i just don't like sea bass in general. We also ordered a side of onion rings and they never arrived! Our fault for not telling them again i guess.

If you're a lover of BBQ, i'd definitely recommend, but vegetarians and picky people be wary of this place, and definitely peruse the menu before you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment